Battlecat has a long and successful track record of value creation in the oil and gas industry. We have been focused on the South Texas region since 1988 and were partners in the first Eagle Ford wells drilled in La Salle County in 2008. Over the years, Battlecat has consistently applied operational best practices to improve well performance in both conventional and unconventional reservoirs. Our technical expertise has resulted in producing some of the most prolific wells in the region.
- Battlecat senior management begins working South Texas region.
- Battlecat begins focusing exclusively on South Texas properties, initially in the Olmos and Escondido formations.
- Battlecat acquires properties in La Salle County, TX.
- Battlecat develops new technologies to identify and fracture stimulate previously “hidden” pay.
- After increasing production of La Salle properties by over four times, Battlecat sells properties into a new entity called Escondido Resources; Battlecat team members serve as VP of Engineering and VP of Operations.
- Escondido Resources sells to Swift Energy for $249.5 million after 163 wells drilled, representing the first sale in the Olmos/ Escondido trend in excess of $100 million.
- Battlecat team continues as partners in Escondido Resources II, formed in November 2007.
- Battlecat team spins out of Escondido Resources II and assembles an experienced team to pursue new opportunities in South Texas.
- Battlecat partners with private equity firm Lime Rock Partners to execute its strategy, starting with a project in Gonzales County, TX.
- Battlecat successfully exits position in Gonzales and Karnes Counties, TX in a sale to Lonestar Resources, comprising 7,450 net acres.